“You must be the change you want to see in the world.”
As you read about psychiatric abuses, over-medication and other issues in this and other websites, you might wonder what you can do about it. Below is a list which is by no means a complete list of what you can do.
– if you don’t like a prescription drug ad in a magazine, email the publisher or mail a letter and tell them what you think
– ask for a second opinion if you disagree with your doctor’s diagnosis and/or ask for more tests
– get ALL the information if you are given a prescription – find out what a drug’s side effects are and if there are alternatives
– as a parent, volunteer to help in class
– volunteer as a big brother or sister
– take a long walk before you decide anything
– start a blog
Say something. Ask questions. Knowledge will arm you with choices.